PGH Property Buyer explains the chronological steps that are taken to sell a home here in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. Each Borough or Municipality has different requirements for the sale of a home.
This is a handy tool to research your Borough/Municipality to find out the requirements involved: Allegheny County Municipality Map
- Buyer and seller sign a sales contract
- Earnest/hand money, if any, gets deposited to title company
- Title search due diligence begins
- Inspections are done, if any
- Appraisals are done, if any
- Dye test is done, if borough requires it
- Occupancy inspection is done, if borough requires it
It is important to note that the steps listed above may or may not happen in that specific order. Some buyers might have a dye test and inspection done in the same day, or the title search might not be complete for 2 weeks after the pending sale date.
If you are involved in a cash transaction, there might not be inspections or appraisals. When a buyer finances, you should almost always expect an inspection and appraisal to be ordered.
Remember, PGH Property Buyer invests in Pittsburgh real estate. We will make you a FAIR CASH OFFER for your home, save you from paying Realtor fees and closing costs, and we let sellers leave any size items in the home.
We have a 100% seller satisfaction track record.
Contact us: Liz@pghpropertybuyer.com 412-530-5510 or Use Our Contact Form Here